Edit: It’s complete! Click here to go see it!
I’m currently making a divergence meter replica based on this guys design
Though of course I have added my own twist to it and have some added features.
The main differences are:
- Additional Features:
- 5 switches possible! Could be less if you tweak the software
- Buzzer/Speaker output 😀 hurray for alarms in the morning
- Light Sensor to detect night time to conserve power and extend Nixie tube life (could probably act as a basic motion sensor with some software magic)
- Improvements/Slight changes:
- Should be able to fit 2x9V batteries instead of one so more portable cosplay time 😀
- Should be able to fit 2xAA RTC backup battery so it keeps track of time accurately for theoretically over a year.
- Interrupt based instead of Polling to conserve even more battery
- Uses the larger but cheaper and more available version of the HV5622
- Integrated switching power supply instead of a bought module
- Uses an AVR instead of a PIC (I chose it because it can be reprogrammed by AVR tools and a PICKIT2 if you happen to have any of those)
- Mostly SMD parts to make look all good when your showing off the innards XD
- Miku silhouette included
- Can only use the DS3232 RTC and not the DS1307
Other than that it should be largely the same 🙂
Here are some not so 3D 3D models :3
Main Board 3D Model:
(I didn’t know what to add in the battery area so i just stuck a Miku silhouette in there :3 )
Nixie Tube Board 3D Model:
Just to let you know I don’t even know if I can do this, so don’t get your hopes too high lol I just wanted to share this with you all~~~~~ I got most of the parts but I’m currently waiting for the PCBs to come from the fab so after that I’ll begin assembling it 😀 I hope in time for the summer anicon so that I can show it off :p oh and if you want you could give out some ideas that I can implement in software (not in hardware cuz thats already set in stone)
El Psy Congroo
Want to continue? Go read Update 1!
NOTE: The divergence meter is a fictional device from the anime Steins;Gate, it’s used to calculate the Attractor Field of a universe/timeline so that they can be differentiated. For more information go to http://steins-gate.wikia.com/wiki/Divergence_Meter